Wednesday, December 10, 2008

vintage car coat

There is still no baby to wear it...but yesterday I sewed the buttons on this sweater and it is now all ready to go! I used a pattern in the Sublime pattern book #600, but used the Sublime washable merino rather than the baby cashmere merino silk yarn. It's called the "vintage car coat," and looks absolutely adorable on the baby boy in the picture.

The only thing I hated about making this sweater was sewing together all the pieces. I think there is a good reason I tend to stick to circular knitting with minimal finishing - I am terrible at seaming, and pretty impatient with the process too. The sweater is really cute though. It has two buttons on the cuff of each sleeve, which is a pretty nice touch...although the buttons I bought are a little heavy, so our baby might get a muscle work-out from wearing this sweater! I made the 3-6 month size, so hopefully it'll fit him this winter. With my luck, it'll fit perfectly in the middle of the summer.


2 comments:

emily said...

That would look cute on a red-headed boy. Hmmm....

emily said...

bet it will fit him this summer at the rate he is growing!