I went a little crazy and knit two more pairs of the purl bee fingerless gloves. I really loved the ones that I made for my friend Rachel for Christmas, and wanted to make red ones for myself. My sister left a comment on my blog post implying that she would like a pair as well...so I made a third pair. By the time I finished three pairs of these gloves, I decided that I never ever want to knit this pattern again. So this is it!
I used Blue Sky Alpacas Sport weight alpaca for both the trim and glove body. The trim on both is color "natural dark brown," my gloves are color "red" and my sister's are "eggplant." The glove pattern was originally written for a luxurious cashmere yarn, which was out of my price range. I found the sport weight alpaca to be a decent substitute - it was maybe a little less lofty than would be ideal, but the gauge worked fine and the gloves turned out great.